Explanation of the credentials process: *
FCF Int’l desires a solid covenant relationship with every credentialed minister. The following are considered in determining the eligibility of prospective applicants:
- Applicant needs a reason to hold credentials.
- Applicant must understand and share the vision of FCF.
- Applicant must meet the requirements as set forth in the application form.
FCF stresses the following expectations of applicants:
- Attendance at annual Family Church Conference and Regional Conference.
- Regular contact with the Int’l Office and Relational Representative by telephone, personal visits, email or letters.
- Financial commitment to FCF Int’l general fund, missions and projects. Giving is evidence of commitment, loyalty and dedication – first to God and then to each other.There are three types of credentials with FCF Int’l. Each has different requirements and is meant for people at different stages of ministry.
The applicant believes he/she is called to the ministry while having no definite direction in mind. In most states this credential allows a person to minister in prisons, nursing homes, hospitals, etc. It is basically intended for the individual who does not meet all the requirements for Licensing, who is not in full time ministry, who is just starting out, who does not have a proven ministry.
An individual who holds an FCF Exhorter’s License must have held that credential for at least one year before being allowed to apply for a regular License.
The applicant believes he/she is called to the ministry and is actively pursuing the development of that call through education and experience. A license allows the minister to perform all the sacraments of the church with the exception of marriage.
An individual who holds an FCF License must have held that credential for at least one year before being allowed to apply for Ordination.
The applicant has developed his/her call to the ministry and other seasoned ministers have recognized that call.
Ordination allows the minister to perform all the sacraments of the church including marriage.
The applicant must meet all the requirements for Ordination as set forth in the Ordination Application Requirements. After the Ordination application has been approved the individual will be listed with FCF Int’l as Pending Ordination until the final step in the Ordination process is taken. That step, which MUST be completed before the Ordination becomes official, is the laying on of hands at a scheduled Ordination Service during FCF Int’l Family Church Conference or at a Regional Conference. This must take place within two years of approval of the Ordination application. If this is not done in a timely fashion, the Ordination application is deemed void.
The applicant is a minister who holds a current, FCF-recognized Ordination with another organization. This minister now wishes to be ordained with FCF Int’l.
The same ordination process is to be completed. The reconfirmed Ordination is complete upon approval of the application. The minister is not required to attend a laying on of hands service, but it is highly recommended that he/she do so for the purpose of agreement.
*Those living outside the USA should contact the International Ambassador directly.